Writing an effective resume takes planning as well as completing a thorough self-assessment. A carefully thought out resume will increase your changes of getting that all important interview. It is extremely important for you to focus the content of your resume based on the requirements that the employer has listed on the job description or advertisement.
Below are some tips :
- Use titles or headings that match the jobs you want by analysing the job description & job advertisement
- Use resume template or design that grabs attention
- Create content that sells e.g highlight your key strengths & skills
- Describe responsibilities and achievements and use action words
- Prioritize the content according to importance, impressiveness and relevance to the job you want
- Target your resume and cover letters to address specific skills required by the employer according to the job advertisement